Project Engineer | Oklahoma City, OK
Lee Engineering is seeking an experienced and motivated Project Engineer who wants to elevate their career in Traffic Engineering to the next level. Our Oklahoma City office has been at the forefront of innovative traffic solutions for over 10 years and has contributed to making communities throughout the state safer and more accessible for all roadway users, and we are seeking candidates that will join Lee Engineering to continue this endeavor.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for traffic and transportation engineering, an ability to coach and mentor junior staff, an understanding of managing the technical and financial aspects of a project throughout its lifecycle, and a firm grasp of the seller-doer role within a firm.
On any given day, you will be asked to:
- Conduct traffic impact studies, traffic signal designs, and transportation planning projects.
- Lead and manage project teams, including engineers and technicians, to ensure project success.
- Develop and review engineering plans, designs, and specifications for various transportation projects.
- Perform traffic data analysis and author technical reports for key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with clients, government agencies, and stakeholders to understand project requirements and actively participate in public involvement meetings.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on traffic engineering issues.
- Monitor project progress and make necessary adjustments to meet deadlines.
- Mentor and train junior engineers and staff members.
- BS in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the state of Oklahoma (or able to obtain one within 6 months)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in traffic engineering, including project management.
- Strong knowledge of traffic engineering principles, practices, and regulations.
- Experience in traffic signal design, traffic impact studies, and transportation planning.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Preferred Additional Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification.
- Familiarity with relevant federal, state, and local transportation guidelines and regulations.
- Strong ability to solve complex problems with little to no supervision.
- Passion for cultivating business relationships and capturing new pursuits.
- Proficient technical writing skills for non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency in traffic engineering software and tools, such as Synchro/SimTraffic, HCS, VISSIM, AutoCAD, and/or MicroStation.